5th English for Healthcare Conference
Hosted at the University of Belgrade, 16-17 September 2022
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Kevin Harvey, University of Nottingham
The English for Healthcare Conference aims to encourage an exchange of ideas to stimulate discussion and to provide a platform for the presentation of new approaches to the teaching and learning of language and communication in medicine.
We particularly welcome proposals that relate to classroom practice and the teaching of English for medical purposes. We also welcome proposals that are research-based which help to develop our understanding of how language is used in the practice of medicine and healthcare. The event attracts language teachers and communication skills trainers working with health professionals, both in training and in the workplace, and practitioners from the medical translation and interpreting field.
Areas/Themes include but are not limited to:
- Content-Based and CLIL in EMP
- English Medium Instruction in EMP
- Medical Academic English
- Teaching language skills for EMP (Reading, Speaking, etc.)
- Assessment (e.g., Occupational English Test) for EMP
- Task-based and problem-based learning in EMP
- Role plays / Simulation in English for medical purposes
- Corpus linguistics in EMP
- Professional practice and discourse in EMP
- Communication skills training for healthcare
- Interpreting /translation for healthcare
- Medical Humanities in language classes
TYPES OF SESSIONS
Workshop: a practical, interactive, how-to session with plenty of audience involvement– 45 minutes (or 90 minutes depending on the proposal)
Practice-oriented presentation: focused on classroom practice – 15 minutes (+ 5 minutes questions)
Research based presentation: focused on completed research – 15 minutes (+ 5 minutes questions.)
Poster presentation: A1 or A0 format academic posters. Particularly suitable for uncompleted research.
- Word doc, 300 words maximum (no references)
- Do not use any special fonts, such as bold print or caps (italics fine)
- Do not add tables, photos, or diagrams to your abstract
- Do not indent your paragraphs, leave one space between paragraphs instead
- Your abstract should clearly summarise the content of your session/poster
- Please indicate what type of session your submission is for.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF ABSTRACTS: 7 February 2022
Please email your abstract to: email@example.com.
*Please note that all presenters should be paid-up members of EALTHY when they confirm their participation at the conference.